Friday, October 19, 2012

Norfolk Weekend!

So last weekend I went to visit my friend, Va, down in Portsmouth by Norfolk. I traveled with my good friend Ashleigh. She drove and I was the DJ. IT took about 6 hours round trip, which was nice because that meant we didn't really hit any traffic. We left Thursday night after I finished work and came back Saturday afternoon. It was a ton of fun to see Va because I hadn't seen her since we went to see the Hunger Games in theaters! We went to some nifty museums, which I loved since I'm a gigantic museum freak! They were all owned by the Chrysler Museum of Art. Two of the museums we went to were house museums that were from the time when Norfolk was booming before the Civil War broke out. The other museum was the Chrysler of Art Museum. They were all free! This made it even doubly awesome! If you are ever in Norfolk VA I would highly recommend you taking some time to see these museums. They're not huge, which is nice if you don't like museums or are just short on your time as a tourist. Here is the Chrysler Museum of Art's website link: http://www.chrysler.org/  Check it out if you're interested! Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment